Model Casting Calls

1:54:00 PMClifester

     

    Model Casting Calls

          When I do model casting calls for paid book covers, music videos, and etc my inbox gets full of 100+ submission. Do I read what they wrote? No. I look at their portfolio and some of them do not match the description (ie. blonde hair instead of dark brown). Most of them don't have strong facial expressions or great shots that really show case them well. So I ask my self, do I really want to work twice as hard while shooting this model. The answer is no.

       Going through 100 models you have to be efficient with time, it helps many do not know the importance of their portfolio. I want to say for my castings 20% don't get it because they did not fit the description, 65% because their portfolio was off, 9% because their look didn't work for what the client was going for (not the models fault) and the remaining 6% were on point. For me this is what i see, Im sure it's different for other people. I write all this to say, invest in your portfolio, because in the end no one takes the time to read your elegant presidential monologue before they look at your work. I only had to read 6 emails not 100. :)

Don't forget to follow me on instagram @ubwinc or check out my website at www.ubwinc.com

Thank you,
Clyph

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews

Contact Form